- School calendar
- Y9 Vaccinations
- Our school day
- Term dates, INSET days and school holidays
- Unexpected school closure
- Contact information
- Parents' meeting schedule
- CVHS Parent /Student Voice
- OFSTED Parent View
- You said.....we did.....
- Letters home
- Letters Home Whole School 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 7 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 8 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 9 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 10 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 11 2018 19
- Letters Home Archive 2016-17
- Letters Home Archive 2015-16
- Letters Home Archive 2017-18
- Welcome to our Mobile App
Our School Day
For teachers, the formal school day begins at 8.30 am with planned briefing and updates. Students report to their Form Group at 8.40am, ready for morning registration at 8.45am.
|8.25 am||Staff briefings|
|8.40 am||Period 1|
|9.40 am||Period 2 (with morning break detailed below)|
|10.55 am||Form Group tutor period or weekly assembly|
|11.25 am||Period 3|
|12.25 pm||Period 4 (with lunch detailed below)|
|2.10 pm||Period 5 (including afternoon registration)|
|3.10 pm||End of Period 5|
Break and lunch time arrangements
Students take a 15 min break between 9.40 and 10.55am. Each year group takes a break at a set time during Period 2. This ensures students have plenty time to socialise with their year group and to visit the restaurant to buy a morning snack and drink if they wish.Students take a 35 min lunch break between 12.25 and 2.10pm. Each year group has a set time for lunch and use of the restaurant. This reduces queuing time and makes for a calm and relaxed social time for students from the same year group to eat together.
Before school starts
Students are encourage to arrive for school in good time. We know that many of our students, and parents / carers, appreciate the opportunity to youngsters to have first or second breakfast in readiness for the day ahead.
Breakfast club operates from 8.00am and all students are welcome to arrive in time to join us.
Early bird learning
For Key Stage 4 students, we run additional classes over the school year. These are focused revision sessions intended to support students in key subject areas. The classes may occasionally start before school (from 8am) and usually run for 60min after school on most evenings for year 11 students.
At the end of the school day
At the end of the school day students can continue learning in a range of ways, including through our Extra-curricular programme. This programme includes opportunities for
- Homework club every night
- Focused revision, particularly for Year 11 students
- Sports and PE activities including Sports Fixtures
- Performing arts and rehearsals for up and coming performances
- Duke of Edinburgh Award.
When students receive a C3 or C4 sanction as part of our Personal Development, Behaviour for Learning programme, they attend a 60 min detention after school. Occasionally students are asked to attend an 2 hour detention.