17th Jul 2017
13th Jul 2017
12th Jul 2017
4th Jul 2017
30th Jun 2017
25th Jul 2017
24th Aug 2017
5th Sep 2017
14th Sep 2017
Latest letter from Mr J Christian, Principal
17th July 2017
Dear Parent / Carer
I would like to welcome our Year 7 students who begin their week long transition with us today. I hope they all have a wonderful first week at Colne Valley High School and leave on Friday feeling secure, happy and excited about returning in September.
As this academic year draws to a close, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all for the support shown to our school throughout the year. I am very excited about the new academic year. We have recruited some incredibly strong professionals to join our team who share our school values (RITA) of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Aspiration. Each one has demonstrated passion, energy, positivity and ambition throughout the recruitment process which will undoubtedly support our school in moving forward with pace over the next 12 months.
Last week I had the privilege of watching an end of year production of ‘The Wizard of Oz’, performed by primary school students within the Heights Federation. I was astounded by the confidence and talents shown by each and every one of the children involved. At a time when schools are encouraged to promote the more formal subjects, I believe that we have a responsibility to provide opportunities like these for our students to be creative, showcase their talents and develop their confidence.
It is with great pride that I would like to formally acknowledge the sporting success of our Year 11 student, Sean Slater, who has been selected to join the England Rugby League squad. Sean is a wonderful role model who works hard at school and behaves exceptionally well. He truly deserves this opportunity. We wish Sean all the best in this next chapter and will follow his journey with great pride, ‘#nolimits’.
A reminder that school closes for the summer on Tuesday 25th July at 1.30pm, at which time school buses will arrive at school to take students home in the normal way. School re-opens on Tuesday 5th September at 8.40am.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all an enjoyable and restful summer and I would like to leave you with some quotes from our recent OFSTED inspection;
- Pupils say that they are safe in school.
- The quality of teaching is improving.
- More pupils are making good progress.
- The most-able pupils make effective progress in comparison to similar pupils nationally.
- The school is an orderly environment.
- The provision for disadvantaged pupils is better than in previous years.
- The provision for pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities has strengthened.
- Leaders and governors have an unwavering commitment to improving the quality of teaching, pupils’ personal development and their outcomes.
- The trust is providing strong and effective support for the school.
- The new principal and governing body have a clear understanding of the school's strengths and the weakenesses that need to be overcome.
J Christian (Mr)