- School calendar
- Y9 Vaccinations
- Our school day
- Term dates, INSET days and school holidays
- Unexpected school closure
- Contact information
- Parents' meeting schedule
- CVHS Parent /Student Voice
- OFSTED Parent View
- You said.....we did.....
- Letters home
- Letters Home Whole School 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 7 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 8 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 9 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 10 2018-19
- Letters Home Year 11 2018 19
- Letters Home Archive 2016-17
- Letters Home Archive 2015-16
- Letters Home Archive 2017-18
- New Intake - 2019 Letters home
- Welcome to our Mobile App
26th Mar 2019
28th Mar 2019
4th Apr 2019
11th Apr 2019
You said.....we did.....
We are proud of the quality of education we provide at CVHS - but we know that there are always things that we can improve.
You said: improving communication was a priority.
Therefore we have: set up the following -
- CVHS Parent Feedback Survey: which is open all year round and monitored regularly
- Student Voice Programme: taking place at a set time in the year for each year group
- Parent Voice Programme: asked parents / carers to share views on parents' evenings, consultation events through online questionnaires available on IPADs throughout the meetings
- Regular Letters from the Principal: with text alerts
- Reports home to parents: three times a year, to let you know how well your child is learning
- Stickers in planners: to update you on key information for your child
- Texts and phone calls home: to confirm any key meetings / detentions for your child
- Our promise to respond to contact from you within 48 hours - 24 hours ideally
- Email addresses for all staff: simplified naming system so you can always contact teachers
- Enquiries email address: to allow any message to reach school and be passed on to staff
- Diary dates: all key events and meetings are uploaded on the website
- Events App for mobile phones - parents can see what is happen on their own phones, anytime
- Twitter feed on the website: to update you on the many events experienced by, and achievements of, students
- Class Charts app: on the go mobile phone access to live information about your child's behaviour, including their reward points and any sanctions.
You said: Could we do anything more to ensure students felt even more safe in school
What we did:
- We added a motorised front gate with entry only to permitted individuals. The gate is closed throughout the school day. Visitors on foot or in cars have to buzz to reception to gain entry to the school grounds.
- We include questions about feeling safe on all our surveys for students and parents
- We discuss feeling and being safe with students in assemblies, form time and on SPACE days
Listening to students, parents and staff:
Through the planned programme of student voice, parent voice and staff voice, we will hear your views and commit to responding to them. The academic year feedback program can be found here.
In addition, the CVHS Parent Feedback Survey is open all year round and we welcome responses from all parents / carers.
During Autumn Term, School Council ask all students for the 'hot issues' to be discussed. Members of School Council, representing Years 7 to 11, presented assemblies to all year groups in autumn term. In spring term they will visit all tutor groups to update them on activities undertaken. School Council has been discussing and influencing the following this year:
- community hampers
- student voice survey
- views on our behaviour system
- how best to reward great attitudes to learning, achievements and attendance
- maximising home learning opportunities